Freitag, 20. September 2019

BRONWEN HEILMAN aus ARIZONA (USA)

I am a hot glass flame worker, an instructor and the Director of the flameshop at Sonoran Glass School.  Along with creating a strong and fundamental curriculum for students to learn about flameworking glass, I am also creating work that is sculptural art that is clean, bold and fun.
In My new body of work I am exploring the hollow form.  How it moves in the warm bath of a soft flame, and where it ends up.
I began exploring lampworked glass in 1985. After much trial and error, left the medium until 1996 where I continue to use glass as my main medium of expression.  In the year 2000, I completed my testing and developed a unique technique for flame worked glass and applying vitreous enamels. This technique has afforded me to use my background as a painter on and in glass.
 
My work is drawn from urban life.  The people, the places, and the soul of the urban traveler.  
 
IT’S THE PROCESS THAT KEEPS ME GOING AND IT’S THE OUTCOME THAT KEEPS ME COMING BACK.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...